Sunday, October 4, 2009

Hellboy II: The Golden Army (2008)



Fantastical creatures abound, and the CGI and cinematography is absolutely gorgeous, especially the scene Prince Nuada visits his father, reminding me that I have yet to see Pan's Labyrinth. Other than that, the storyline is okay (although, the fact that Hellboy's eventual destiny as our destroyer is reiterated makes me hope that a massive ton of excrement will hit the propeller in the third movie, that is if the Trilogy Curse does not strike), the villain is leaning towards the anti-hero line, making him not much of a villain, and possibly, one of the best lines in movie history.

I'd embed aforementioned line, but the users on YouTube prevent me from doing so. Link is here, if you like :)

6.5/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment