Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Lobo casting rumor.



According to reports, the upcoming Guy Ritchie-directed movie centering around an intergalactic bounty hunter will ultimately have a lot of CG in it, irrespective of whether they use any on the main character. So the question is, "[D]o you need a celebrity? Do you need a name or do you just get someone who is good and who's gonna nail it?"

And the name that's been coming up in a lot in meetings? In a situation similar to that of Ron Perlman back during Hellboy, it's none other than Clancy Brown, an actor occasionally seen onscreen, and heard many, many times by kids, tweens and adults everywhere.


No, I am NOT joking. And yes, I did have a mild coronary when I found out. 


Clancy Brown is known for his roles in Highlander, Starship Troopers, Pet Sematary 2 and my personal favourite, Brother Justin in Carnivale, as well as his voice-acting as the aboveMr. Krabs in Spongebob Squarepants, and Lex Luthor in probably every animated incarnation of the DC character.

Brown is one of my favourite actors, and unfortunately one of the most underrated of all time, mostly relegated to supporting or villainous characters. If he gets this part (and I really hope he does, it'd be awesome to see him in a lead role that's not a villain), well, Lobo will actually have a spot on my must-watch list.


As of now, Lobo doesn't have a release date yet, but like every comic book movie about to come out, I'm guessing it'd be 2011 or 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment