Saturday, July 11, 2009

Green Lantern cast!

And it is no other than Ryan Reynolds.

According to Reuters, Reynolds and his people entered into negotiations with the studio on Friday. The article also mentions the other actors that went in screen testing, namely Bradley Cooper, Jared Leto, and... Justin Timberlake?

Ew.
Out of the latter three names I just mentioned, I was banking on Brad Cooper. Even Jared Leto is too pretty. Whatever happened to Nathan Fillion?

If the deal goes through, (and if I'm not mistaken) Reynolds would be the first actor to play both DC and Marvel characters (Hannibal King in Blade: Trinity, and of course, Deadpool) on-screen.

[He's hot and awesome. *swoon*]

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with Green Lantern lore, so I can't provide any speculation on my part as to who Reynolds will be playing in the movie. The Google says that it will be the famous Hal Jordan, although over on Punch Drunk Critics, they reckon it might be the younger Kyle Rayner.

I'd love to see the universe explode if there's a Marvel / DC movie crossover. As of now, I'll just have to rely on YouTube ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment