Saturday, June 6, 2009

Day Watch (2006)


Now, I won't go into the storyline, because I've been trying to figure out how to write the summary, and this review has been put off for two weeks already, so I'll just dive in:

Visually, the movie was fan-bloody-tastic. Especially the part where Moscow gets decimated. It was fricken' awesome.
Even the subtitles were awesome. A bit small, though, but I liked how they sometimes fade away, following the mood of the scene.

The only quibble I have with the movie was that I kept confusing Anton with several other similar-looking male characters (like the Parrot), but that was due to my unfamiliarity with Russian actors. And my abominably small TV.

My advice is, do see Night Watch first before you see Day Watch (something I didn't get to do because I was lucky enough to change the channel when I did), because DW continues directly off from there. You'd be able to follow the storyline A LOT MORE if you do.

[I managed to catch on halfway through the movie. I am happy :D]


I give it a 7.5/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment