Sunday, February 15, 2009

Airplane! (1980)

Airplane! is considered a comedy classic, spawning spoof genre, plus the usual parody movie crap we get every year. I've seen many references to it; now I've finally seen the real thing.

The pilots (and numerous passengers) of a commercial jet flight come down with severe food poisoning, so it's up to an ex-fighter pilot (with his own war injuries) to fly the plane to Chicago through poor weather conditions.

This movie is pretty much the craziest I've ever seen (and I've watched Naked Gun and Hot Shots!). I loved it when the head pilot started to ask the kid all those random questions. I also love the part when the flight attendant plays the guitar to cheer the little sick girl up, gets too caught up in the moment, and proceeds to swing the guitar into the girl's IV drip, disconnecting it. Twice.

[The little girl's so cute when she's dying.]

Also, Auto-Pilot = an inflatable pilot doll. It's totally adorable. There's a scene where the A/P starts to deflate; ground control tells the air-stewardess to blow it.

[xD]

She does just that (since she can't fly the plane), and, needless to say, the air tube was exactly where it was supposed to be.

I'm also a huge fan of Leslie Nielsen, so I was pleasantly surprised to see him with his stethoscope on when the flight attendants were asking for a doctor. Love the part where his nose starts to grow longer as he's telling the passengers that everything is alright (when it actually wasn't).

9/10. Otto owns.

No comments:

Post a Comment