Monday, February 16, 2009

Zac Efron to be Jonny Quest?!

Apparently WB wants him, says this article here. But as of this moment, the actor hasn't signed on to the production yet, so we'll have to wait for the official announcement.

Briefly, the original sci-fi animated series chronicled the adventures of Dr Benton Quest, his 12-year-old son Jonny (yeah, Zac Efron doesn't look 12, either), pilot Race Bannon, and Quest's adopted son Hadji, as they go around and investigate strange occurances. You can read more about it in its Wiki entry.

Personally, I haven't followed the original series (I've only seen ONE episode of the revamped versions, and my friend was the one who alerted me to this), so I can't really elaborate on how blasphemous it would be to make changes in the movie. But it looks like it's going to be another example of a movie adaptation not following the source material.

Sigh. Hollywood.

No comments:

Post a Comment